- “Prince, Cecil Taylor, and Beyoncé’s Shape-Shifting Black Body” by Hilton Als
- “Cruel Optimism: The daunting ambition of Anohni” by Hua Hsu
- “Beyoncé’s “Lemonade” Is a Revelation of Spirit” by Carrie Battan
- “Weeding the Worst Library Books” by Daniel A. Gross
- “Madness: In Florida prisons, mentally ill inmates have been tortured, driven to suicide, and killed by guards” by Eyal Press
The gout seems to subside today. I popped 4 pills of Tylenol yesterday, ate some steamed mung bean, and drank lots of water. Today a reader sent me a remedy for gout by mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with Tart Cherry Juice. He said it worked for him so I’ll definitely give it a try tonight even though it sounds pretty sour. I might mix it with some whiskey to help with the flavor. Just kidding.
Speaking of liquor, I still have unopened bottles of Hennessy Cognac XO, Patrón Silver Tequila, and Corralejo Blanco. What am I going to do with them?
- “Sorry, You Can’t Speed Read” by Gray Matter
- “In Campaign and Company, Ivanka Trump Has a Central Role” by Jonathan Mahler
- “Taylor Swift As You’ve Never Seen Her Before” by Jason Gay
- “Godmother of Soul” by Kelefa Sanneh
- “The Fight for the Future of NPR” by Leon Neyfakh
- “Secret Rules of the Internet” by Catherine Buni and Soraya Chemaly
The foot doctor was right. I definitely have gout. The attack started a couple of days ago and it got worse yesterday and today. I took two Tylenols this morning and it seems to help with the pain. I hope it will go away in the next couple of days because I am not going back for another Triamcinolone Acetonide injection. The shot was fucking excruciating.
On the negative side, I have to give up steak, seafood, alcohol and many pleasurable dietaries in life. I am now forced to be responsible what I will be consuming. On the bright side, I have no choice but to eat healthy and quit drinking. Life will be healthier but suck. There’s always a tradeoff.
Mời nghe những bài thơ của anh Cao Nguyên: