Web Services Developer
George Mason University School of Law
- Present Arlington, VA
- Designed, developed and maintained George Mason School of Law’s web sites and provided support on web-based resources and customized databases.
- Worked closely with the law library director and members of the law school’s computing services department to plan, develop, implement and support current and emerging technologies in the law library and law school.
- Trained faculty, staff and students in creating web pages and using web-based resources.
- Present Fairfax, VA
- Designed and developed standards-complaint, accessible, usable web sites, blogs and CMS for small businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Worked directly with clients on web projects from start to finish and managed ongoing relationship. For testimonials, visit: visualgui.com.
George Washington University School of Business
- October 2011 Washington, DC
- Developed and managed the George Washington University School of Business web sites.
- Developed news publishing system (blog, magazine, press release, video) and integrated social networks and new media marketing efforts into the School’s overall strategy.
- Integrated unified web presence to ensure GW’s established brand and identity.
- Advised, trained and assisted faculty, staff and students with development of their sites with the emphasis of using web standards.
Senior Web Designer
- January 2008 Poughkeepsie, NY
- Designed Vassar College web sites and online promotional graphics including homepage banners.
- Redesigned web site catered to the specific needs of each department while ensuring Vassar brand identity. Collaborated with developer and designers on large-scale projects
- Migrated individual sites into content management system helped maintain more than 200 sites.
- Web Design: web standards, accessibility, usability and typography
- Mobile: responsive web design and jQuery mobile development
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash
- Content Management System: WordPress, MODX and Drupal
- Server Administration: Linux (Red Hat and CentOS), Apache, proficient using command lines